Short Stay Citizens B.V. acknowledges that processing personal data correctly is of great importance. Personal data are processed securely and with great due care. We adhere to the Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Dutch Data Protection Act.
Short Stay Citizens’ CTO, Silvio Merucci is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Website to which this policy applies: https://shortstaycitizens.com
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store and disclose your data?
- How do we secure your data?
- Data retention
- What are your data protection rights?
- Websites of third parties
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authority
Who we are
Our website address is: https://shortstaycitizens.com.
What personal data we collect
Short Stay Citizens does not collect sensitive data and only collects the following data:
- Personal identification and contact data such as first name, last name, username, gender, email address, phone number, marital status, title, and date of birth.
- Personal identification number in case our serviced apartment providers require it for bookings
- Where you are employed in case you are booking on behalf of your work
- Financial and transaction data that may include your bank account and payment card details only when a booking is paid for
- Technical data may include your browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Feedback and survey data responses when asked for
- Usage data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and communications data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
By using our service, you will provide us with your data, when you book accommodation for a short stay for example. That data can be personal data: data that can be directly or indirectly traced back to you. We only store and process personal data that you provided us with.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Signup for an online event
- When you inquire using the Contact Us form on our website
- When you inquire using the Get Your Quote form on our website
- When you email us directly
- When you use our service
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Relocation agencies that you hired for relocation purposes and that use our service for short stay accommodations
- Travel management agencies that you hired for travel purposes and that use our service for short stay accommodations
- Calamities agencies that you hired and that use our service for short stay accommodations.
How will we use your data?
Short Stay Citizens will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Your e-mail address is used for our newsletters.
- Your e-mail address may be used for surveys and other feedback purposes.
- Process your inquiry, manage your account and bookings.
- To email you with special offers on services we think you might like.
- We use your personal data for the booking of accommodations.
- We may disclose this information to our short stay providers for bookings.
- In case you provide us with contact information for a question or inquiry, we will only use your information for answering your question or following up on your inquiry.
- Your payment information is only used to process payment.
We may use personal data on an aggregated and anonymized level for our statistic purposes.
We may transfer your personal data that we collected, internationally, to short stay providers who are located outside of The Netherlands, in case the booking is for an international short stay provider.
How do we story and disclose your data?
Short Stay Citizens securely stores your data on our protected and secured backend.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties, except for your contact information, which is disclosed to the short stay provider in case you booked an accommodation of the aforementioned short stay provider.
We may use subcontractors, in which subcontractors may have access and/or process personal data on behalf of us. With subcontractors, we enter into data processing agreements, in which we stipulate that the subcontractor has to implement sufficient organisational and technical measures to avoid unlawful processing and that the subcontractor is only allowed to access and/or process the personal data in accordance with the agreed-upon purpose.
Your data may be shared to third parties that support our processes:
- ZOHO CRM for booking and enquiry purposes
- Google Drive and One Drive to store backups
- Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in The Netherlands and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Mailchimp for newsletters
- Exact Online for transactions
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How do we secure your data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being (accidentally) lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We limit access to your personal data to our employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Our website is secured with an SSL certificate, to secure the communication between your device and our web server.
Short Stay Citizens will only retain your personal data for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By the Dutch law, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for five years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
We may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research, accounting or statistical purposes in which case we may use this data indefinitely without further notice to you.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
Short Stay Citizens would like to send you information about services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies. For example, agencies and serviced apartment provider companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Short Stay Citizens from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Short Stay Citizens Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please opt-out when you receive a newsletter or contact us below.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Advertising purposes
What types of cookies do we use?
We use the following types of cookies:
- Google Analytics
- Social Media
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and your preference. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
We use the lead generation service provided by Leadinfo B.V., Rotterdam, The Netherlands, which recognizes visits of companies to our website based on IP addresses and shows us related publicly available information, such as company names or addresses. In addition, Leadinfo places two first-party cookies for providing transparency on how our visitors use our website and the tool processes domains from provided form inputs (e.g. “leadinfo.com”) to correlate IP addresses with companies and to enhance its services. For additional information, please visit www.leadinfo.com. On this page: www.leadinfo.com/en/opt-out you have an opt-out option. In the event of an opt-out, your data will no longer be used by Leadinfo.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Short Stay Citizens’ for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Short Stay Citizens correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Short Stay Citizens erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Short Stay Citizens restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Short Stay Citizens’ processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Short Stay Citizens transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us, our contact information is below.
Websites of third parties
How to contact us
Full name of legal entity: Short Stay Citizens B.V.
Call us: +31(0)107670574
Postal address: Westerstraat 46, 3rd floor, 3016 DH Rotterdam, The Netherlands
How to contact the appropriate authority?
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Short Stay Citizens B.V. has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA) or the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens in Dutch.
Telephone number: (+31) – (0)70 – 888 85 00, Fax: (+31) – (0)70 – 888 85 01
PO Box 93374, 2509 AJ The Hague, The Netherlands