Short Stay Citizens (SSC) is looking for a flexible frontend web developer intern to assist with our b2c label Young Global Living (YGL). SSC is one company with two labels, SSC and YGL. Both labels are in the serviced apartment industry and coliving sector with a business model of OTA’s (online travel agents).
We are looking for a flexible (aspiring) web developer, such as an intern or junior frontend developer with a beginning or intermediate level of web developing experience or knowledge.
Who is Short Stay Citizens (SSC)?
Short Stay Citizens (SSC) is a scale-up and continuously growing, currently, there are 9 people working (hybrid) and soon to expand even more. SSC was founded by a group of four friends and is a response to the burgeoning demand for short-stay solutions. SSC is an independent booking platform for serviced apartments with a target audience of medium to high-level executives or affluent travellers.
SSC recently launched a new label called Young Global Living (YGL). YGL is a new platform for community-based co-living spaces. While YGL has a similar business model to SSC, YGL’s target audience are millennials, gen z’s, affluent students, or digital nomads. Besides coliving spaces, YGL’s platform has other added values, for example, providing jobs (via an API), a community-based platform with messaging and more soon to come. A part of YGL’s concept was developed by students from the communication study at HRO during the iLabs project.
With both of these labels, we are able to provide accommodations to a wide range of targets!
- Assist in writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Assist in creating website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Assist in gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Assist in creating and maintaining software documentation.
- Assist in maintaining, expanding, and scaling sites.
- Keep up to date into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Collaborates with web designers to match intent of visual design.
Who you are
- Knowledge of programming languages React and Java is a plus
- Basic knowledge of modern HTML/CSS.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management and best development practices.
- Basic knowledge of relational database systems, object-oriented programming and web application development.
- Basic knowledge of search engine 0ptimization process.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge in WordPress theme development experience from Photoshop design examples.
The above mentioned are not all requirements as we are looking for someone with basic to intermediate level knowledge of the above. But whatever extra skills you may have, is always a plus!
Does the above pique your interest and do you want to work in a fun startup environment? Then make sure to apply at email@example.com