Short Stay Citizens (SSC) is offering a Sales internship opportunity working on two independent booking platforms. This internship is open for one graduate or 3rd-year student who will work on researching, advising and implementing sales strategies to both of our labels along with guidance from the team. The two booking platforms in question are: Short Stay Citizens’ newest label is called Young Global Living (YGL, our recently launched label). YGL is a new platform for community-based coliving spaces. The position is a great opportunity for someone looking to work in the current and global hospitality business and looking for a break into sales and/or marketing. Your internship tasks may differ from your thesis subject.
Short Stay Citizens (SSC) is a scale-up and continuously growing, currently, there are 13 people (remote) working and soon to expand even more. SSC was founded by a group of four friends and is a response to the burgeoning demand for short-stay solutions. SSC is an independent booking platform for serviced apartments with a target audience of medium to high-level executives or affluent travellers.
SSC recently launched a new label called Young Global Living (YGL). YGL is a new platform for community-based co-living spaces. While YGL has a similar business model to SSC, YGL’s target audience are millennials, gen z’s, affluent students, or digital nomads. Besides coliving spaces, YGL’s platform has other added values, for example, providing jobs (via an API), a community-based platform with messaging and more soon to come. A part of YGL’s concept was developed by students from the communication study at HRO during the iLabs project.
SSC and YGL are in the serviced apartment industry and co-living sector with a business model of OTA’s (online travel agents).
SSC and YGL provide accommodation solutions for corporate businesses as well as individual travellers. We offer our services for all global travellers, global/digital nomads, travelling for a lifestyle or work, as well as their families, and companies, involved in businesses globally.
As a Sales intern, you will primarily focus on supporting our media and sales teams for Short Stay Citizens and YGL. You will also work closely with others who are strategising on our social media campaigns.
You will primarily support our Account Manager and Business Development. The internship functions generally include:
- Researching, advising, improving and implementing Sales strategies
- Writing and Creating relevant blog entries once per month
- Working closely with the Manager or assigned staff member, and completing all allocated tasks.
- Listing, emailing and data entry of prospects
- Conducting desktop research, or gathering information through surveys or by speaking to clients and staff.
- (Virtually) Attending and participating in meetings, workshops, events, and exhibitions.
- Liaising with clients, vendors, and suppliers on behalf of the company’s managers.
- Updating documents and sales records.
- Reviewing sales performance against sales targets.
- Observing and carrying out sales processes.
- Identifying potential weaknesses and offering improvement suggestions.
- Assisting managers with negotiations.
- Keeping a log of everything learned and delivering presentations to staff and other stakeholders.
- Fluent English speaker (speaking should be b1/b2 and writing should be flawless)
- Excellent English writing and grammar skills (vital)
- Fluent or native Dutch speaker
- Ability to work independently and teams
- Pro-active and Hands-on mentality
- Understanding of social media, sales, analytics, quality content, online and offline marketing
- Passion for the hospitality industry, marketing, and sales
- Willingness to learn
- Must bring your own laptop
We believe an internship’s purpose is for gaining experience, learning and prepare you for your career path. Therefore, these requirements are not a must-have (although preferred) as long as you are willing to learn!
Possible thesis assignment is a well-formulated plan for implementing or improving our sales strategies that will increase engagement and sales with our target audience for our labels. Thesis assignment is also up for discussion after brainstorming during the interview and first weeks of internships, in order to adhere to school thesis assignment requirements* But the general consensus is to improve our sales strategies.
Please note: Thesis may be, preferably, about improving our sales strategies, but other topics such as social media, marketing, seo, etc are also allowed, because they still contribute to sales. Therefore, thesis assignment may differ from internship tasks.
What do we offer?
- Internship duration: 5-6 months or 1 semester
- Flexible hours
- 4-5 days per week, giving you time off to work on school and thesis assignments
- Government regulations take precedence, but if possible, hybrid or at the office.
- Informal and fun work environment
- Internship is unpaid
In your email, be sure to state the following:
- What year you are, 3rd or 4th.
- What internship you need to do: Full-time internship or Graduation Internship.
- How many days a week you are available
- If applicable, what thesis topic you are interested in (an idea will suffice)