Short Stay Citizens is an offline booking platform that offers a selection of professionally-managed serviced apartments available for booking worldwide. The new label, YGL, is also a booking platform but focused only on coliving spaces (among other added-value services).
Short Stay Citizens and YGL provide accommodation solutions for corporate businesses as well as individual travellers. We offer our services for all global travellers, global/digital nomads, travelling for a lifestyle or work, as well as their families, and companies, involved in businesses globally.
Short Stay Citizens and YGL act as an intermediary platform between the customers and the serviced apartment/coliving spaces providers and is in the online travel agency-serviced apartment and coliving industry.
Who is Short Stay Citizens?
Short Stay Citizens (SSC) is a scale-up and continuously growing, currently, there are 13 people (remote and hybrid, employees and interns) working and soon to expand even more. SSC was founded by a group of four friends and is a response to the burgeoning demand for short-stay solutions. SSC is an independent booking platform for serviced apartments with a target audience of medium to high-level executives or affluent travellers.
SSC recently launched a new label called Young Global Living (YGL). YGL is a new platform for community-based co-living spaces. While YGL has a similar business model as SSC, YGL’s target audience are millennials, gen z’s, affluent students, or digital nomads. Besides coliving spaces, YGL’s platform has other added values, for example, providing jobs (via an API), a community-based platform and more soon to come. A part of YGL’s concept was developed by students from the communication study at HRO during the iLabs project.
SSC and YGL are in the serviced apartment industry and coliving sector with a business model of OTA’s (online travel agents).
SSC and YGL provide accommodation solutions for corporate businesses as well as individual travellers. We offer our services for all global travellers, global/digital nomads, travelling for a lifestyle or work, as well as their families, and companies, involved in businesses globally.
What is this internship about?
As an SEO & Analytics intern, you will primarily focus on supporting our media and sales teams for SSC and YGL. You will also work closely with others who are strategising on our social media campaigns and website content.
The internship functions generally include:
- Researching, advising, improving and implementing SEO
- Using SEO research, you advise, improve, and write SEO content for our websites
- SEO optimised (copy)writing for websites, images, and social media.
- Researching, analysing and advising in regards to Google analytics
- Assisting in the management of our Social Media strategies, if needed
- Working on SEO consistency throughout the platforms
- Writing and Creating relevant Blog entries once per month, if needed
- Additionally, assisting in different administrative duties (if needed)
- Ad hoc tasks
As SEO is so broad and ever-evolving, it is important to note that this internship is all about learning and researching. What you are researching, you will advise us and you will implement. Think about creating headers for websites, optimising texts for SEO using keywords and long-tail keywords.
This internship is for one graduate or 3rd-year student that will work on both labels: SSC and YGL. The position is a great opportunity for someone looking to work in the current and global hospitality business or looking for a break into marketing, social media, copywriting and/or seo/analytics. Your internship tasks may differ from your thesis subject.
Who are you and what are we looking for?
- Fluent English speaker (speaking should be B2 and writing should be C1)
- Excellent English writing and grammar skills (vital)
- Creative writing skills/copy-writing skills
- Ability to work independently and teams, vital
- Pro-active and Hands-on mentality, vital
- Willingness to learn, vital
- Understanding of or experience with social media, SEO, analytics and quality content
- Passion for the hospitality industry, marketing, SEO, analytics and technology
- Must bring your own laptop
What do we offer?
- Internship duration: 5-6 months or 1 semester
- Starting September 2021
- Hours: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Option to work hybrid
- 3-4 days per week, giving you time off to work on school and thesis assignments
- Informal and fun startup work environment
- Internship is unpaid
Do you need to do a thesis?
The thesis objective is up for discussion during the interview and the first weeks of internships. However, your thesis objective may be about: Social media, marketing, content marketing, sales, SEO or analytics.
Your thesis assignment may also differ from your internship tasks, however, we do advise that your thesis correlates with your tasks as you gain insights for and from your tasks and thesis. In case chosen an SEO topic, we expect a well-formulated plan for implementing SEO that will increase engagement and sales with our target audience for our label, either YGL or SSC.
Are you interested?
This internship is for one semester starting September 2021. It’s for one graduate or 3rd-year student that will work on both labels: SSC and YGL. The position is a great opportunity for someone looking to work in the current and global hospitality business or looking for a break into marketing, social media, copywriting and/or seo and analytics